Type of Contract: Consultancy
Location: LAGOS, NIGERIA
Duration: 15 days
Dates: August 17 – September 4, 2020
SCOPE OF WORK
Therefore Project HOPE is seeking to engage a Consultant to:
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare a consultancy work-plan in consultation with Project HOPE team (1 day)
· Develop a set of tools for conducting budget tracking and expenditure analysis of OVC investments at state and LGAs (2 days)
· Develop a set of tools to assess the capacity and training needs of participants (private and public) and conduct needs assessment (2 days)
· Conduct budget tracking and expenditure analysis of OVC investments at the state MYSD and 10 project LGAs (4 days)
· Alongside the exercise, conduct needs assessment of the state and LGAs to carry out budget tracking and analysis on their own (4 days; in line with above bullet)
· Analyze and summarize the needs assessment feedback and prepare the capacity and needs assessment report to be shared with Project HOPE (1 day)
· Prepare a training module per findings of the above capacity and training needs assessment, including materials, handouts, pre- and post- training evaluation tools (2 days)
· Walk ICHSSA staff through implementation of the training module (1 day)
· Prepare draft final report on the delivered tasks, including all materials, presentations, evaluation tools and follow-up recommendations for participants (2 days).
· A consultancy work plan that includes timeline and a proposed outline and methodology for the consultancy
· MYSD and Local Government capacity and training needs assessment tool and report;
· Training modules (for the training and workshop), including materials, handouts, pre- and post- training evaluation tools reviewed and adapted;
· Final consultancy report.
· The Consultant is expected to be familiar with both Local Government and State structures in Lagos State
· Given the current restrictions around COVID-19, the Consultant should be prepared to move around Lagos, LGAs and State Ministries if need be (observing all safety guidelines in relation to COVID-19).
Minimum Recruitment Standards
· Masters’ Degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Public Administration, Finance) with 5 - 6 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level mapping of private sector funding and corporate social responsibility frameworks
· B.Sc/BA Degree in Social Sciences (Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance) with 8 to 10 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level mapping of private sector funding and corporate social responsibility frameworks
· Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
· Previous experience in budget tracking and expenditure analysis is essential
· Project HOPE does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview
· Work is expected to be carried out during work days. Any work at weekends will be approved by the Country Representative.
· Costs for consultant travel as approved in the workplan will be reimbursed
· Project HOPE will pay a lump sum towards communication costs
· Consultant daily rate will be N50,000 (Fifty thousand Naira); to be paid on submission of satisfactory final consultancy report