- Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by owning pricing and promotions strategy, working with marketing teams to improve product content and visibility; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
- Complete Sales performance of the 3c’s Categories, vendors, merchant management, and monitoring of sales strategies with a view to increasing the Business unit’s Net Margin Position (NMP) & Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV).
- Customer acquisition thru Value Offering, Sales Campaign Management, etc.
- Create and present strategic insights for the Business unit to gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization.
- Analyze & Present post–promotion analysis for retail and Marketplace, quantifying impact to brand and category.
- Define and optimize curation/assortment selection strategy for your category ensuring the relevance of selection/styling to optimize revenues and sales velocity.
- Support product and content creation process to increase assortment live.
- Plan and maintain constant stock availability.
- Trend Spotting: Should be able to identify broader trends and fill category gaps.
- Build weekly marketing plan, contribute determining which products/subcategories will be promoted on the website and through all marketing channels (Newsletters, Facebook, etc.).
- Develop strong analytics to evaluate daily/weekly/monthly performance and optimize further marketing, pricing, and product selection.
- Develop and manage subcategories under Jumia. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation.
- Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure the best quality and costs.
- Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment.
- Work together with system, teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Influence a large number of stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognized and accredited University
- 8+ years experience in managing key accounts in the phones and computing category.
- Build’s and Presents Joint Business Plans and aligns on a refined version with accounts being managed.
- Understands implications of performance analysis and performance steering levers (e.g., low CR% leads to either better content or better price)
- Has strong clarity on the value proposition of Marketing Value-Added services
- Exceptional negotiation. listening and communication skills are required. Manages tri-partite conversations between Jumia, brands, and their distributors.
- Advanced Excel. Knowledge of other tools i.e., PBI, etc is an advantage.
- Exceptional team working skills and people management.
- Has already a good network/ portfolio of sellers relevant to the category to onboard on Jumia - Added advantage
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.