- Successful candidate must be able to operate a boiler (in a rice mill plant). Must be familiar with standard boiler operating procedures. Responsible to check indicators such as water level, pressure temperature and steam load, perform maintenance checks, and other duties as required.
- This position requires you to follow written and verbal job instructions. Being able to provide feedback and apply critical thinking are other keys to this position. Employees must be able to use personal safety equipment while working in a manufacturing environment that includes moving machinery, machine noise, and a work environment that will vary depending on the time of the year. If you’re ready to be a team player in a fast paced environment, then apply now.
• Operate, repair, maintain, and adjust boilers, turbines, pumps, compressors, water lines, steam lines, valves, and all related systems and equipment.
• Able to inspect water, gas, and other fluid levels inside boilers and related equipment, making adjustments to fluids as necessary to keep systems operating at peak levels.
• Replace defective valves, gauges, and other boiler parts as needed.
• Keep boiler room, related facilities, and work areas clean and organized at all times.
The rice mill operates Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day. Two shifts fill every 24 hour period morning 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, and Night shift 8:00 pm - 8:00 am.
Employees rotate to the next shift, that is, from morning shift to Night shift, every week (with exceptions). So the position requires availability Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day with one day off every week.
- Able to speak, write and read the English language, Hausa is a plus.
- Able to follow policies and procedures in conducting job tasks.
- Able to work with a team and independently.
- Able to operate a touch screen computer with minimum beginner computer skills
- This job operates in a manufacturing warehouse environment. This role routinely uses manufacturing equipment. The environment is hot, cold, dusty and loud. Must be able to comply with personal protective equipment on the manufacturing floor (hearing protection, hard hat, safety glasses, beard/hair nets, gloves, boots and others as required).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms overhead and grip; climb stairs; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50KG.
- University Degree or other equivalent education.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications or Certifications will be a plus.
- Previous experience working in industrial environments such as factories, power plants, warehouses. (Required)
- Boiler operation: 1 year (Required)
- Health Cover
- Paid Time Off
- Pension Program
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift/Night Shift
- 6 days a week
- Wearing a mask is required, temperature checks and COVID-19 screen questions are given to employees and visitors when entering the building. Social distancing is enforced.
- One location
- Kano, Nigeria.
- Waiting period may apply