• Install new equipment by adjusting, establishing, testing, and calibrating performance.
• Approves potential biomedical equipment by guaranteeing that codes are adhered to.
• Maintains supplies inventory by foreseeing needs, counting stock, placing orders, and verifying delivery
• Directs operation of biomedical equipment by providing demonstrations, supplying information and data, instructing others in the care and use of equipment, and answering all questions.
• Keeps biomedical equipment in working order by performing tests, following preventive maintenance guides, repairing and troubleshooting break downs, evaluating service
contracts, ordering special services if necessary, and maintaining inventories.
• Prepares reports by analysing, collecting, and recapping trends and information
• Maintains a healthy and safe working environment by fulfilling and recommending procedures, performing safety tests, complying with codes, and guiding and training health care and medical personnel
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering or technology
• 2 years’ work experience in a similar health facility
• Equipment repair
• Infection control and Sterilisation
• Project management skills.
• Problem solving, analysis skills and conceptual skills.
• Time management skills.
• Comfortable in a lab environment
• Documentation and Record keeping skills
• Clinical lab testing Equipment calibration
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to create a safe environment
• Training management
• Multi-tasking skills and Flexibility