Who we are:
We are a platform for Change Makers that want to see a better future for Africa. We have set ourselves the challenges of enabling our network of change makers in the private, public and development sectors to ' Do Good the Right Way'. We champion our cause that research data, policy and practice ought to be coordinated to produce real benefits for the poor in society.
We seek to partner with an enthusiastic and experienced charity Fundraiser/Bid Writer with a passion for Africa & International Development issues. An ideal candidate will possess excellent negotiation, research, written and verbal communication skills.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced bid writer currently furloughed as a result of Covid-19 and, would like to spend some time making a big difference for a smaller organisation before returning to their usual job.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Review and update draft fundraising proposals with a view to making them more fundable
· Devise delivery timelines, project budgets, monitoring and evaluation benchmarks
· Research, evaluate and approach new local, regional and national funding opportunities
· Maintain detailed records of proposals and approaches using suitable CRM
· Work remotely and mentor volunteers to help achieve submission targets
· Advise on optimising organisation brand to best support fundraising functions/targets
· Demonstrate proven track records of successfully attracting multiple income streams
· Demonstrate access to networks and resources within charitable fundraising communities
· Proven experience of delivering results using digital communication skills & resources
· Strong communications, relationship building and influencing skills
· Resilient, tenacious attitude and approach to achieving agreed targets
We are flexible and happy to negotiate a more suitable remuneration format with a special candidate with high level, proven experience of delivering lasting results.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress