- Commence baking early in the morning by 4 am to meet 6 am supplies.
- Clean bakery equipment and tools before use and also general equipment cleaning at end of the day.
- Weigh the flour and other ingredients to prepare the dough.
- Bake different sizes of bread and types.
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking.
- Mix various ingredients to create the perfect dough.
- Cut, mold, and shape dough to prepare different types of bread sizes.
- Nylon of all baked bread after cooling.
- Ability to lift large bags of flour.
- Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free bread)
- Track food supplies and place orders, as needed.
- Assist the Bakery Services Manager in providing excellent service to everyone by supporting procedures and promoting excellence in all areas.
- Experience as a Baker or similar role.
- Familiarity with all professional Bakery equipment, including mixers, proofers, molders, and dough sheeters.
- Understanding of food safety practices.
- Understanding of Food Hygiene will be needed before service.
- Experience with the ability to use proofer and molder.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude. Flexibility to work in early morning shifts.