- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
Skills and Qualification
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming languages - Python and/or PHP and the MySQL DBMS.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong Linux and Windows skills
- Proficiency in virtualization technologies e.g. VMWare
- Working experience with Docker containers and knowledge of microservices architecture is an added advantage
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Django Python framework is
an added advantage