· Work with business units to ensure mitigating controls are implemented for identified internal audit observations or internal control deficiencies.
· Create a risk assessment program to identify opportunities for process and control enhancements and develop recommendations to ensure risks are sufficiently mitigated
· Participate fully in developing and regular testing of the organization’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans and ensure that they are formally approved by the Board of Directors. Report on all events on system failures and other emergency issues
· Coordinate with management and process owners to ensure management action plans are completed in accordance with agreed deadlines, ensuring audits are conducted in accordance with the Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
· Support management in business practice investigations as requested related to allegations of misconduct, violations of code of conduct, conflicts of interest, theft and suspected fraudulent activities.
· Summarize and communicate to executive management any noted issues, risks, and business impact of controls deficiencies and track remediation to completion
· Create, review, and maintain end-to-end process documents around internal controls including narratives, flowcharts, and risk matrices
· Work closely with external auditors and third-party advisors to ensure the controls environment meets industry and reporting standards
· Dedicate appropriate resources to managing and re mediating existing deficiencies to establish control in the current
· Oversee the Controls Certification process, move from a passive validation to an in-depth review and redesign of controls where required
· Liaise with the Business to create an “early warning” system for the identification and monitoring of control breakdowns, weaknesses, stress points, and other risks to the business
· Strengthen the Controls Environment to the point that Controls are embedded in the mindset of the business
· Consult with the business on Control Related matters and initiatives
· Ensure the Organization has an approved written risk management policy, which is consistent with the its business strategies, capital strength, management expertise which falls within the overall parameters determined by regulatory authority
· Develop monthly reports for each function that provides functional heads with the quantitative measures identified with respect to risk exposure and control compliance.
Skills and Competences
· Outstanding ability to summarize complex activities and issues into succinct presentations for a wide range of internal and external executive constituents.
· Experience leading projects and teams.
· Ability to multi-task and meet targets in a high-energy, fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
· Strong collaborative style with an ability to build effective working relationships across functions, geographies and levels.
· Ability to be creative and innovative in accomplishing goals understanding where “tried and true” is the most appropriate course and where “outside the box” thinking is most effective.
· A working knowledge of applications and databases that encompass all business cycles (including key cycles of revenue, expenses, payroll, and financial).
· Expertise in developing and executing data mining and analysis involving Excel or other software for financial and non-financial data •
· Proficient in applying audit principles, standards, and techniques in reviewing and testing business/operational systems.
· Strong analytical ability, including knowledge of cash flow analysis and financial modelling techniques.
· High ethical standards, unquestioned personal integrity, highly professional and credible, with strong ethics and values.
· Analytical and critical thinking
· Communication skills
· General IT knowledge
· Strong business acumen
· Bachelor’s degree or HND in accounting, finance or related discipline
· Eight (8) years’ work experience with a minimum of 2 years in a managerial role
· Minimum 3 years of internal control experience.
· Consulting experience desired; public and corporate internal audit experience also acceptable.
· Any of the professional certifications such as ACA, CIA, CISA, CFE, ACCA or other acceptable certification is required.
· Experience with the internal control of FMCG manufacturing companies will be an added advantage.