The Consumer Marketing team oversees many of Google's largest and most strategic products including Search, Google Assistant, Maps, Photos, and YouTube. Our team is deeply integrated into product development, positioning, narrative, and go-to-market strategy. Whether we are incubating a new product or scaling a mature product, our team operates with a growth mindset, and our work is rooted in user insights. We believe in innovative product marketing as much as we believe in cross-team collaboration and transparency. As an Associate Product Marketing Manager, you will work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events, and communication. Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from every day to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Develop marketing plans for Consumer Apps in Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) and execute campaigns to drive usage of App adoption and usage.
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies and organizational coordination for new feature/product launches, including positioning, naming, external communications, competitive analysis, and feature prioritization.
- Use quantitative methods, models, and research to help Google better understand consumer behavior to provide important feedback back into the product and strategic development cycle. Determine return on investment for projects.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the user. Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Develop messaging, collateral, events, and business strategies aimed at acquiring users and increasing our engagement with them, and measuring the efficacy of such programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in tech marketing, brand management, strategy consulting, agency, or related.
- Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently.
- Demonstrated analytical experience. Demonstrated ability to develop and understand strategy.
- Deep understanding of Google's products and technology industry.
- Demonstrated innovation and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Global mindset and ability to think across disciplines, industries, cultures, and scenarios.
- Passion for technology, ability to think creatively, and leadership skills to execute effectively.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.