We are an agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Our organization utilizes an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, we offer a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale. These services include:
- Financial Credit: we raise cost-effective debt to finance its members.
- Agricultural Inputs: provides the appropriate balance of quality agricultural inputs at highly competitive prices.
- Training and Development: Members are trained on good agronomic practices with a focus on minimizing negative environmental impact.
- Harvest Storage and Marketing Services: access to optimal storage practices, markets and increased profits.
The organization has supported smallholder farmers to increase their productivity by 2x the national average and profitability by 2.5x to 3x the national average. This social enterprise had grown to become Nigeria's single largest maize producing entity. Over the past 8 years of its operations, we have scaled to serve a cumulative of over 65,000 smallholders across 5 Northern states in Nigeria: Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi and Plateau states.
- We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the organization’s vision and strategy.
Requirements to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Product Management, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 1 - 3 years of related experience as a Product Owner or in a Product Management role
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience of modern technology stack
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to derive business insights
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Provide end-to-end product life cycle management from information gathering to reporting on effectiveness through analysis & financial management
- Collect quantitative product data and metrics through market research
- Synthesize customer research
- Gather product requirements and align them with business goals
- Coordinate with stakeholders to achieve the product vision
- Develop new product features
- Working on developing product strategies
- Actively mitigate impediments impacting the completion of release/sprint goals
- Efficiently translate business strategies into technical capabilities and product roadmaps
- Ensure that projects meet the needs of intended clients through efficient market research and regional input
- Collaborate with Enterprise Systems engineering team, program associates to share required product properties
- Create viable product design documents and clear product requirements for the internal team.
- Continuously iterate with relevant stakeholders to manage competing priorities and guide decision making in line organizational goals.
- Continuously make iterative decisions based on customer and business needs
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Systems Engineering team to negotiate on the technical implementation options.
- Clearly communicate key product changes and updates with relevant stakeholders appropriate avenues such as training, webinars emails etc to create awareness about products.
- Exercise knowledge of Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL) to enhance product features and internal processes.
- Establish and review test plans; lead UAT to ensure team capability requirements and deadlines are met.
- Conduct feedback sessions with Enterprise Systems Engineering teams to continuously iterate and improve team processes and performance.
- Utilize and stay current with modern platforms and methods.
- Other responsibilities and tasks required to support organizational goals and objectives.
Good Qualities To Have:
- Demonstrated experience with workflow management systems; experience with Atlassian tools (Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk).
- Ability to efficiently prioritize projects and manage multiple dynamic priorities.
- Proven ability to leverage technology to translate business requirements.
- Ability to provide support to; and collaborate with internal units and external groups to achieve business objectives
What we are offering:
- An entrepreneurial, startup and dynamic work environment.
- Flexibility and autonomy to organize your work while meeting deadlines and expectations.
- Opportunity to grow along with the company and be part of an impactful story.
- Competitive salary with additional benefits.
- Our organization currently operates a decentralized model with 10 offices spread across Nigeria. This role would be based in Lagos