- You are a global development leader and you thrive in tackling global issues, from malnutrition to climate change to economic growth, ensuring no population is left behind.
- You enjoy leading high-performing teams that drive the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions for clients, by proposing problem-solving and creating tailored frameworks that address client challenges.
- You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that fund change around the world.
- You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top performer’ at a leading international management consultancy firm, a passion for international development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Required qualifications for an Associate Partner:
• Significant work experience at a top-tier management consultancy, including experience leading project teams and building client relationships
• Experience in international development and/or frontier and emerging markets
• Appetite and desire to tackle challenging development problems through private sector-led initiatives
• A high degree of professionalism and credibility
• Sensitivity to the political and cultural environment of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
• Demonstrated effectiveness as a team player and team builder and performing well in a start-up atmosphere
• Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities
• Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner
• Fluency in English; proficiency with other languages an advantage
• Proven ability to build strong and trusting relationships, with strong regional/ in-country networks preferred
• Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree or MBA is preferred
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
- Our Associate Partner are part of the leadership team, and will be expected to sell work, manage projects, and develop team members.
- He/She will play a key role in developing relationships with clients and converting these relationships into work for the firm, as well as leading the creation and submission of proposals
- Associate Partner will provide strategic direction to consultant teams, ensure quality control of project delivery, and help manage client relationships as part of their project management and oversight responsibilities.
- S/he will also be expected to contribute to the professional development of junior staff by providing them coaching and mentoring.
- Associate Partner also help build the firm’s reputation and expertise through knowledge development and thought leadership.
- S/he will build on previous private sector consulting experience and relationships to take on private sector-led solutions to development issues. Travel is expected and varies by office and project.
• Provide strategic direction to consultant teams, ensure quality control of project delivery
• Develop relationships with clients and sell projects
• Contribute to the professional development of junior staff
• Build the firm’s reputation and expertise through knowledge development and thought leadership
• Lead client relationships on issues of strategy and management related to development