Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To assist the lead teacher in the preparation and maintenance of the prepared Montessori environment as directed
- Assist with individual and/or group activities to stimulate the growth of the children in social, emotional and academic areas.
- To guide the children to their work
- Encourage individual work time to promote independence as well as group work to promote socialization
- Assist the children by moving around; complete different work cycles, choosing work, returning work when the child completes his task
- To keep the classroom environment clean, neat, and orderly with regular cleaning:
- sweep/mop lunch area during nap time
- vacuum classroom at the end of the academic day
- clean bathrooms at least once a day
- empty trash to dumpster at the end of the academic day
- Disinfecting work areas and dusting shelves weekly
- To keep classroom materials freshly stocked for the children’s use, such as paper, sharpened pencils, etc.
- To keep an inventory of supplies needed and to maintain a proper storage area for all supplies
- To prepare classroom materials and to repair materials, with guidance from the lead teacher
- Help with children’s arrival
- Responsible for diaper changing and/or assisting with toileting while demonstrating respect for the child
- To assist with the supervision of the children outdoors, when needed
- To help serve the snack and lunch for the day while helping children to learn how to help themselves; demonstrate opening and closing of lunch bags, allow children to be as independent as possible, encourage the children to feed themselves
- To have knowledge of basic first aid procedures and assist the children in this matter when needed
- To help maintain current and accurate classroom records concerning the children
- Must have the ability to communicate with lead teachers, assistant teachers, childcare workers, parents and board members to ensure the child’s best interest.
- Be present at parent/teacher conference
- Participate in all trainings, open houses and school programs including those that are out of working hours
- Any other tasks assigned by management
Must have the ability to:
- Lift up to 40 1bs
- Repetitive bending, stretching and stooping
- Have mobility required to ensure the safety of the children
- Work with children on the floor
- Lead outdoor activities in all seasons
- Perform light snack preparation and light duty cleaning
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.