To ensure the business gets efficient return on all marketing investments through detailed review of justification of spends, aggressive pre and post evaluation of Brand and Customer marketing expenditure; enforce the accurate booking, reporting and control of Brand Marketing Investment; and support the Finance Business Partner-Analytics in result commentaries and performance analysis across West Africa.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Standardize BMI spend evaluation process and ensure all marketing activities are pre & post evaluated against agreed KPIs.
- Ensure up to date documentation on all Brand and Customer Marketing briefs, Pre & Post Evaluations.
- Drive Return on marketing investments (ROMI) framework for the total business.
- Assist Finance Business Partners in review and analysis of promotional briefs before signing off.
- Act as key contact for Brand & Marketing Investment (BMI) data and act as department expert on BMI.
- Respond to queries on BMI, including ad hoc analysis.
- Balance Sheet Review: Reconcile all balance sheet accounts relating to BMI.
- Prepare comprehensive monthly BMI commentary for both Actuals and Forecast and key highlights on revised full year forecast and phasing for use by Category Teams and Marketing Leadership Team.
- Ensure smooth month end closure on all BMI accounts.
- Provide timely input on BMI full year forecast to Reporting Accountant.
- Ensure all BMI process documentation are up to date.
- Control BMI budget to ensure actual spend is in line with approved amount.
- Enforces governance process around Brand and Marketing Investment Accounting.
- Ensures data accuracy and general ledger integrity in the posting and reconciliation of BMI Activities.
- BMI Analytics: Mines data to identify trends in performance and structure of spend (A/P/POS) and share value adding insights with Category Teams.
- Ensure the business delivers on agreed ROMI targets (e.g., non-working media target)
- Ensures procurement of all promotional and marketing items are channelled through centralized Procurement buying process, as defined in the “No PO, No Pay” Policy.
- Prepares decision support information for Brand Building Managers to aid efficient use of promotion budget.
- Ad hoc analysis on historic data in ERP.
- Continuous training of business partners to boost finance knowledge.
- Takes responsibility for own development.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP and Excel
- A graduate of any relevant discipline (Economics, Accountancy, Business administration)
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience is required.
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proactive attitude and ability to work with minimal supervision within a team.
- Internal – Marketing and Sales teams, MLT, FLT, interfaces across Finance, IT, Customer Service
- External - Regional Contacts, Controllers team
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.