The art teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history,
- Instruct students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciation and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting, mono-printing
- Understand a variety of “master” techniques
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art
- Knows the fundamentals and different approaches to drawing media technique
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Organize storage areas and control the use of materials, equipment, and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize the time required for distribution and collection
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understanding, and prepare progress reports
- Select and requisition books, instructional materials, tools, and instructional aids, and maintain required inventory records
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community
- May sponsor exhibits from outside the school
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and in self-selected professional growth activities
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on pupil progress
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs, such as after-school art club
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration.
- Minimum academic qualification of Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts
- Master’s degree in Fine Arts preferred
- Two (2) years of work experience as an Art Teacher.
Remuneration: NGN 100,000 - 120,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.