This role is in charge of daily planning, organization, and supervision of production activities on the fish farm estate. He specializes in operating, monitoring, and maintaining all activities related to rearing fish from nursery to grow-out ponds up to harvest.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Manage and operate facilities such as nursery and grow-out ponds
- Monitor systems and operations, for example, fish behaviour, fish health, feed consumption, and water quality parameters such as temperature, salinity, and oxygen levels
- Calculate feeding regimes based on standard feed chart and make necessary adjustments according to observations
- Apply health and safety standards across farm estate
- Maintain and monitor the quality of yield at all times
- Monitor fish health and implement measures to treat disease and infection outbreaks
- Plan finances and production to maintain farm progress against budget parameters
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of stock, transfers, feeding records, mortality, harvest, and all other pond activities
- Manage, supervise, and train production staff and ensure farm productivity
- Ensure the farm is compliant with various legal guidelines and work to minimize the environmental impact of the business
- Ensure the farm is compliant with various aquaculture best practices and work to minimize the environmental impact of the business
- Provide regular reports to management
- Other duties assigned.
- Either an HND or BSc in Aquaculture, Agriculture, Marine Biology, or a related field
- 3 - 4 years’ experience as a fishery technician/manager
- Previous hands-on farming experience and technical knowledge
- Experience managing farmer clusters or cooperatives is an added advantage
- Business Management experience
- Genuine commitment to agriculture
- Good understanding of modern aquaculture production methods
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisation and time-management skill
- Effective communication and report-writing skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.