ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical desk support in the interpretation and adoption of Accounting standards including the International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
- Ensure that statutory accounts are prepared in accordance with policies and comply with local requirements, International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS), Banking Act, Companies
- Act and other relevant local legislation.
- Ensure alignment in the finance operations and reports.
- Ensure alignment with the activities of other functional departments of the bank.
- Improve the overall integrity of financial systems and control environment.
- Coordinate month-end account closing activities.
- Prepare complete and accurate financial reports and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Prepare the annual Audited Financial statement.
- Preparation of Inter-Company Accounts and Reports.
- Prepare accurate and complete monthly standard journals and schedules.
- Contribute to the overall financial management of information systems (not just reporting requirements) including the planning, budgeting, project approval, and execution of the new systems.
- Implement and monitor the application of the Chart of Accounts.
- Maintain control over General Ledger.
- Ensure that suspense accounts in General Ledger are cleared promptly by departments responsible for their reconciliation.
- Ensure timely submission of regulatory reports to the CBN/CAC and other regulators.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- First Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university in Finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- A postgraduate degree is an advantage, and Membership of Professional association (CIMA, CFA,ACCA, ICAN, etc)
- Eight (8) years of work experience in the Financial Control/Financial Reporting function of fintech or commercial bank.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting policies, IFRS, BOFIA, and other relevant local legislations.
- Financial Accounting and Reporting experience.
- Experience in preparing year-end accounts and preparation for audit.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting
- ERP system: SAP BY Design and core banking system
- Advance Microsoft Excel (macros, pivot tables) and Power-point
- In-depth knowledge of Financial statement interpretation and preparation
- Cash flow analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Good oral, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Ability to explain information in a clear and understandable way to non-finance professionals
- Sound business and banking operations awareness
- Accuracy and eye for details
- Proactive in approach
- Good team player
- Problem-solving behavior
- Ability to challenge while maintaining a good relationship