- Develop, implement, and maintain systems and procedures to ensure the achievement of the full score on all AP-related controls in the business unit control framework.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the Procurement Function in the management of vendor relationships, ensuring the provision of efficient and practical resolution to queries, thus guaranteeing business continuity.
- Timely and accurate booking of invoices with full payment term tracking to ensure payment of vendors happens as at when due without compromising the working capital objectives of the business.
- Follow laid down guidelines for handling urgent payments and exceptions with a view to keeping the frequency of same within an acceptable threshold in line with the working capital objectives of the business.
- Ensure full observance of the three-way match control in executing payment transactions, with all exceptions approved in line with the business’ authority matrix.
- Perform periodic reconciliation of vendor sub-ledger to general ledger with the aim of identifying, investigating, and resolving variances.
- Conduct quarterly circularization of key vendors (vendors attracting significant annual spend from the business) whilst pro-actively identifying and clearing reconciling items to avoid disputes and possible financial losses.
- Serve as a key contributor to the cash planning process through the provision of accurate information on expected cash outflows.
- WHT and VAT management.
Relationship Management & Other Tasks:
- Relate with various departmental heads & staff to obtain relevant data & info.
- Carry out any further tasks for which your qualifications & experience are suited and as may be directed by management.
Education, Technical Skills, And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any numerate discipline
- Qualified Accountant, 4-6 years experience in Finance or accounting-related function
- Membership of professional bodies, ACA, ACCA, CITN
- Practical knowledge of financial accounting principles and associated standards
- Strong ERP exposure (appreciation of back-end setups and how they impact outcome)
- Strong MS office working knowledge especially MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and capable of working in a complex and challenging environment.
- Proven ability to design and effectively operate financial controls.
- Very good communication and influence at all levels of management
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable Operations and management of associated controls.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team.
Other Behavioural Attributes:
- Open-minded and able to work in a complex, fast paced environment.
- Ability to frame issues and define practical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate across the board within and outside the organization.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail