- Set up, check and maintain anaesthetic workstations, life support machines and associated equipment
- Order and prepare medical supplies for anaesthesia
- Discuss medical procedures with patients and check whether they have any medical conditions that could cause problems under anaesthesia
- Assist the anaesthetist to insert breathing tubes and intravascular lines in patients
- Assist the anaesthetist to administer anaesthesia to patients
- Monitor patients and their vital signs before, during and after procedures
- Maintain documentation before, during and after surgery
- Assist with basic life support and post-operative care
- Assist the anaesthetist in emergencies.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Possess the required skills necessary to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience of at least three years in a health care facility in a similar role.
- Relevant qualifications in the above field.
- Possess above par communication skills, both written and oral.
- Be a team player
- Be willing to follow instructions and procedural patterns.
- Possess the ability to work with computers and complex medical equipment
- Be able to pay attention to details.
- Be able to work under pressure.
If you fit these requirements, please send your CVs not later than four weeks from the date of this publication.