1. Developing technical solutions and/or performing configuration changes to meet ongoing requirements, then preparing specifications for approved changes associated with the AMI HES, AMI network, Meter Data Management System (MDMS) web services, and other applicable environments within Smart Metering.
2. Leading technical enhancements and implementations in the AMI HES and AMI network in Smart Metering to meet requirements (e.g., system performance, availability, recoverability, compliance).
3. Providing technical assistance with managing operations of many aspects of the AMI network system operations and compliance from architectural planning to daily operations and support.
4. Coordinate technical system upgrades and technical issue resolution with vendors, end users, and the process owners
5. Creating and maintaining technical documentation; observing change management principles; performing system performance trend analysis; managing and integrating different technical components, training and compliance materials.
6. Support upgrades and system maintenance, and troubleshoot (e.g., meters, reading files and network issues) the AMI HES and network operations as needed.
7. Ensures system performance of AMI meter readings, meter alarms and meter controls as well as data completeness and accuracy.
8. Support the needs of customer billing, energy efficiency, grid operations, and grid planning.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
∙ Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field ∙ Four (4) years directly related and progressive electric engineering, AMI Technologies, Operational Technologies or IT experience, with three (3) of those years in an electric utility performing in a lead capacity.
∙ Broad knowledge of network management systems including reporting (i.e., utilization, capacity, availability) and tools.
∙ Network functionality and tools including SSH, traceroute, ping, understanding of DHCP, VPN technologies, firewall concepts and architecture.
∙ Networking and topology / understanding of high-level network and security concepts, radio networks and firmware updates.
∙ AMI Head-end Systems and/or related metering systems
∙ Technical hardware architecture
∙ Linux/Unix Operating System
∙ Relational DBMS (i.e., Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL)
∙ Windows Server OS and creating .NET web services running on Microsoft’s IIS ∙ Bash/perl/python scripting and/or java on Linux
∙ Demonstrated track record of learning new technologies and systems, building cross functional relationships with key stakeholders, and solving complex technical issues required
∙ Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other business analytical tools required ∙ Ability to maintain the integrity of data during extraction, storage, manipulation, and processing required
∙ Knowledge of electric utility operations preferred
∙ Previous work experience in IT, operational telecom, network or systems engineering, or metering operations preferred