- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems for clients.
- Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
- Testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with plant sourcing, testing, and selection.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Conducting training on products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Developing planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agriculture, or a related field.
- Further education and experience may be preferred.
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills.