The Agriculture Officer will report directly to the company CEO and Provide overall technical expertise and management of all agricultural-related activities.
- Key responsibilities include: engaging and building strong relationships with community members, analyzing data collected to identify agricultural-related gaps, designing priority action plans on improved agricultural techniques, mechanizations, inputs etc.
- Develop a clear and adaptive action plan based on the seasonal calendar, farmer availability, project deadlines and targets, etc.
- Establish and develop various locally applicable agricultural interventions and oversee the capacity building of local farmers and the local agriculture sector.
- Facilitate and provide guidance to farmers on appropriate cropping patterns, farming techniques, etc.
- Manage a project market study to establish project impact tracking indicators and design key technical focus areas for project interventions.
- Document field achievements, innovations, failures, and lessons learned to integrate into project activities and inform project strategy.
- Support the development of project reports on agriculture activities, as needed.