- Evaluating and directing administrative department operations and staff members to ensure the business operates in a smooth, efficient manner.
- Developing, analyzing, reviewing, and implementing administrative department systems and controls.
- Training, hiring, coaching, and leading support staff members.
- Creating, reviewing, and reporting department data and using this information to solve potential problems or strengthen performance.
- Establishing and enforcing department regulations, guidelines, budgets, and timelines.
- Handling or monitoring staff as they perform basic office tasks, such as answering phones, greeting and directing visitors, making arrangements for meetings or travel, and distributing mail.
- Ensuring that information and records are organized and stored in the proper manner.
- Overseeing the maintenance, repair, or replacement of office equipment and machines..
- Ensuring that the office systems, controls, policies, procedures, and work-spaces are in compliance with current regulations
- Minimum diploma or equivalent and administrative or clerical experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field may be preferred.
- Additional certifications or licenses may be advantages.
- Ability to analyze information and develop effective solutions.