- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office in line with the set-down policies, procedures, and systems to ensure productively and efficient office operation.
- Provides assistance and support to the Executive Director in problem-solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives across projects.
- Oversees and facilitates resources management and administration procedures and documentation for the project and for the Executive Director.
- Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the project.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
- Provides and/or oversees the provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
- Oversee outsourced staff e.g. security personnel and cleaning staff to ensure a safe and comfortable workspace.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with vendors and service providers.
- Oversees the operation of office and programme accounts, and plans and monitors expenditures; as appropriate, develops and/or coordinates budgets for the office and associated accounts.
- Coordinates periodic payments, such as Pay as You Earn (PAYE) tax, Withholding (WHT) tax and National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) payments.
- Coordinate certain reports and correspondences, such as monthly sending of pension schedules and SCUML reports and annual tax return filing.
- Receive and forward expense requests for approval
- Manage and disburse petty cash
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Work weeks are 5 days, Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 4.30 pm and is a mix of onsite and remote work
- Involves supporting community engagement, outreach, and work with women and girls
- May be assigned tasks with changing priorities
- May be required to work extra hours
- Job is based in Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria, and the ideal candidate should live close by
- Must be legally permitted to work in Nigeria
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING:
Weekly task lists, meeting and end of week reports due to supervisor as agreed
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree (a degree in Business, Accounting or Human Resources course is a plus)
- Have at least 2 years of directly related experience managing at least one of the following functional areas: accounting & finance services, budgeting, administration and/or human resources
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to nonprofit organisations
- Financial records maintenance skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities in English required
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Word processing and/or data entry skills
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software
- Punctual, meticulous, detail-oriented and reliable
- Patient and friendly manner with donors, partners, clients, staff, stakeholders and public
- High level of creativity, initiative, ability to multi-task, and commitment to team work
Salary: N 95,000 gross per month