S/he will be maintaining and reporting financial reports, preparing and projecting the foundation’s budget, manage financial data and office documents, assisting the Foundation Manager in the preparation of the organization budget in close coordination with the program team.
- S/he will be responsible for monitoring, auditing and evaluating budget effectiveness. AFO will work closely with the Foundation team to implement financial and administrative planning in acceptable standards.
R1. Administrative operations
- Ensure smooth functioning of finance and administrative operations as per policy and compliance.
- Ensure all payments are made according to organizational policies and contractual agreement with donor/ partner.
- Ensure maintenance of all payment documents and receipts according to the organizational policies and guidelines.
- Co-operate and liaise with the other project staff members.
- Responsible for the overall function of Admin and Finance at field and office level.
Convey all the required instructions and policies of the organization to the staff.
- Ensure that compliance with prevailing laws and organizational policy, all payments are processed in a timely manner, and are accounted properly.
- Prepare all payments, receipt and transfer vouchers within time period.
- Prepare transaction worksheet with appropriate codes and according to relevant cost and agreed allocation. Stamp all payment documents as per organizational requirements.
- Handle petty cash administration. Make payment for petty expenses and update petty cash log sheet.
- Administer financial information (i.e. vouchers, contracts, agreement).
Organize and file vouchers and its supporting documents, taxes, VAT in a more effective and efficient way.
R3. Reporting and relationships
- Prepare financial report in a prescribed format and submit to the Foundations Board on regular basis.
- Prepare and submit monthly/periodic budget alongside actual report to the foundation’s President/Chairman.
- Reconcile all receivable and payable, bank and cash before submitting to the President.
- Prepare quarterly fixed asset register and submit to Foundation Manager.
- Keeps all relevant documents and a copy of financial report in proper filing system.
R4. Other responsibilities
- Maintain integrity and accountability of the position.
- Maintain and strengthen the standard of work and credibility of the organization in and outside of office.
- Fulfill other appropriate level responsibilities as demanded by the Foundation.
Qualification and other requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, with at least two years relevant experiences.
- Good knowledge in accounting and office management.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS word, Excel / Excel reporting.
Demonstration of excellent team work and relationship building skills.
- Must be passionate for human development
- Good knowledge of accounting packages.
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of office management procedures
- Strong people skills
- Ability to work at firm pace across multiple work streams.
- Excellent ability to work across cultures and discipline with a wide range of stakeholders.
Experience with NGO sector is an added advantage.