Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures timely preparation of budget, monitoring disbursement and replenishment of funds for all HISP Programs and activities.
- Ensures proper bookkeeping and prepares timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as Advised by management on finance and accounting matters
- Prepares cash flow projection, including minimum cash thresholds to meet operating needs
- Develop and implement systems for efficient management of HISP office
- In consultation with HISP Managing partner ensure timely undertaking of annual audit of accounts
- Provide and assist in organizing training for Project accounts staff.
- Performs month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory count, etc
- Process payroll and ensures accurate deductions and timely remittance of all statutory obligations to the appropriate government agency
- Interpret financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Support HISP Managing partner in the implementation of HISP performance management policy
- In consultation with HISP Managing partner coordinate all recruitment, employee orientation and onboarding
- Support HISP Managing Partner by establishing systems for managing and safeguarding all HISP assets and equipment
- Carries out any other tasks as assigned by HISP Nigeria Management
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- B.Sc. in Accounting or Finance (MBA will be an added advantage).
- ACA / ANAN or other recognized professional accounting qualifications
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a senior financial/administrative managerial position in Government/ Private or development sector
- Experience of ensuring compliance with and coordinating financial and administrative procedures and reporting across projects
- Advanced computer skills and financially literate with excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software or other common accounting software
- Experience providing administrative support to an international organization, including dealing with good procurement, contracts management, and HR related matters.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Financial management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to spot mistakes and discrepancies in financial records
- Analytical thinking
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Delegation and capacity building
Deadline for applications APRIL 26th,