Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support timely payment of corporate supplier invoices, employee claims, and related party transactions.
- Match vendor invoices with purchase orders and goods receipts Notes (or service tickets).
- Verify the accuracy of the vendor invoices and confirm that the correct cost centre and general ledger account codes are used.
- Receives and records all invoices and payment requests and log on to the database for tracking.
- Maintains copies of approved contracts for review against invoices.
- Ensures that remittances of all statutory taxes to the Federal Inland Revenue Service and Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue is completed and to time.
- Ensures that all AP/payment documents are systematically filed for ease of retrieval for at least 7 years.
- Manages ledger integrity by investigation of balances and supplier reconciliations.
- Preparation of weekly performance report on invoicing and payments.
- Regularly monitors the accounts payable ageing reports to measure the effectiveness of early payment performance.
- Work with the Treasury unit regarding the management of day-to-day liquidity.
- Support month-end activities by raising all invoices and completing payment run in the ERP system
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Must be able to deal with multi-currency transactions.
- knowledge in the application of ERP Accounting Systems.
- General Applications: Microsoft Office packages
- Exposure to accounts and supplier reconciliation
- Knowledge of taxes applicable in Oil and Gas industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or any finance-related field.
- Professional accreditation (ACA, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years post-graduation experience, preferably in the role of account payable officer.
- Upstream Oil and Gas experience is preferable.