This role supports the admin and finance manager to analyse financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, income and expenditure, tax liability, or other financial activities within the project.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Advise management and staff in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting or data processing systems, or long-range tax or insurance plans
- Analyse project operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Report to management regarding the finances of the project.
- A degree in business administration with a bias in accounting, accounting or banking, and finance
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of work experience in a related field
- Speak fluent English and Hausa and can work proficiently in both languages
- Resident in Katsina or willing to relocate (at own cost)
- Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notes), video conference software (e.g, Teams, Zoom, Google Meet)
- Available for onboarding by mid-December (to be done onsite)
- Available for on-site project take-off in January 2023 after the contract has been signed
- Knowledge of one accounting package most especially SAGE 50
- Attention to detail - careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Problem-solving - ability to use logic to diagnose complex problems and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Integrity - behaves with honesty and ethics
- Dependability - behaves in a reliable, responsible, and dependable manner when fulfilling obligations
Reports to: Finance and Admin Manager
- Full-time, 8 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays with occasional extended and weekend hours
- Remuneration includes group life insurance and basic individual health insurance
- 1-year contract
Note: We are committed to improving diversity in the workspace and work to ensure that our team is supportive of our employees. We strongly encourage applications from women.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.