- Checking staff hours using the time attendance system. Where necessary inputting the necessary deductions
- Making monthly PAYE payments on time
- Working out other tax and employee benefit deduction
- Setting up new members Of Staff
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union)
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely
- Ensuring confidentiality of all employee benefit.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
DAILY AND REGULAR TRANSACTIONS
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Regular calls to HMO and hospitals to follow up with outstanding bills to ensure outstanding bills do not go over a 3 month period
- Documents daily financial transactions by entering account information.
- Daily posting to account and billing software
- Where necessary meeting with Account officer in partnering healthcare organization to advise and collect on payments
- Going over daily ledger transactions to ensure accurate postings
Accounting Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc Accounting, Managing Processes, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Motivating Others, Attention to Detail
- 3-5 years of experience
- Salary; N150,000