- The candidate should possess a 4-year, business-related degree from an accredited university/college or equivalent experience.
- The candidate should be proficient in using MS Office 365 including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Candidate should have experience and intermediate level of proficiency in commonly used Accounting, Finance, and/or Payroll related software
- Note: Experience with QuickBooks Pro strongly preferred
- Candidate must have 5+ years of experience working in the Accounting / Finance field including an understanding of payroll processing functions, along with adherence to payroll tax laws in multiple jurisdictions.
- Note: Strong consideration will be given to candidates with experience supporting a U.S.-based corporation.
- Candidate should possess soft skills including, but not limited to attention to detail, work-flow organization, ability to use initiative, ability to follow instructions, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate should have demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks and projects, analyzing information, mass data entry, activity-based reporting, customer interactions, and maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Processing multiple payrolls across five states, including exempt and non-exempt employees
- Pays employees by calculating pay and deductions, issuing checks. (Live checks will be cut from the corporate office.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data, for example, employee salaries, banking information, and personal information.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, etc.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information to include the daily review of payroll entries to prevent errors and the delay in processing payroll.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides weekly OT report for review to the Comptroller.
Compensation / Benefits:
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, training, and opportunities for advancement. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Compensation / Benefits
Base Compensation: N250,000
Eligible for company-paid training and professional development opportunities
Reports to: Corporate Comptroller
Proposed Work Schedule:
Days: Monday – Friday
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (U.S. Based, Eastern Standard Time)
- 1:00pm to 10:00pm (Nigerian Time Zone)
- (1-hour unpaid lunch break)
Hours: 40 hours per week
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V