A client is looking to hire a reliable Accountant that will analyze everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans. The goal is to enable the company to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
- Perform general accounting activities including preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as a statement of financial position, statement of profit or loss, statement of cash flow, CAPEX Analysis & reporting, and the production of management reports for the organization.
- Tax reporting and inventory processing
- Collecting and analyzing data, which is then used in the preparation of weekly and monthly estimates for the organization.
- Managing cash flow, and controlling expenditure
- Preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Review all Invoices and ensure proper posting and analyses in the company’s books of account.
- Ensure the brand's cash management and banking activities are efficiently carried out.
- Provide financial support including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from the budget.
- Preparation of audit files including schedules, and statutory accounts in accordance with legal requirements.
- Generate monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
- Personally review and approve all annual filings with the various authorities
- Ensure the efficient management of the company’s bank accounts
- Maintain and manage all financial records, logs, spreadsheets, and registers
- Ensure tax regulations are in compliance with established standards
- Ensure the robust and efficient tax planning and filing with the relevant bodies
- Check and verify cash transactions; and also investigate and propose possible resolutions for any discrepancies
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience
- Either an HND or BSc in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- A Chartered member of any of the following professional bodies ACCA, ICAN, CITN
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Reporting Skills
- Pays attention to the accuracy of figures
- Interpersonal Skills