Key Functions / Responsibilities
1. Operational Routine
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) taking into account the company’s goals and financial standing;
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Compute taxes payable and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax / statutory requirements;
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice;
- Reporting to management regarding the finances of the Company;
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts;
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Liaising with Internal Revenue Service agents/tax authorities;
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts;
- Liaising with internal and external auditors;
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance;
- Assemble and summarize data to structure reports on financial status and risks;
- Identify trends, advise the company and recommend actions to a senior financial analyst based on sound analysis;
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts;
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data;
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- To prepare accurate and timely reports for the CEO, CFO and the Executive Team, on key performance and productivity trends.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and regulations
- To develop and maintain financial policies and procedures to ensure consistent, high-quality operations;
- To ensure compliance with legal requirements and regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements;
3. Operational Resource, Planning, Monitoring & Implementation
- To work together with the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer, in developing, implementing, and managing annual budgets.
Other Organisational Responsibilities
- To adhere strictly to all organisational policies, procedures, standards and practices;
- To act only in ways that advance ELP’s objectives, values and reputation;
- Other duties, consistent with skills and experience, as directed by the CEO, CFO and COO.
1. Business Proficiency
- Must know how businesses function;
- Must be knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting businesses and organisations.
- Must be able to create an enabling environment in which staff members are driven to do their best and also acknowledges the importance of each employees’contribution, to the overall achievement of ELP’s objectives.
3. Service Excellence
- Must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of ELP clients;
- Must establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect;
- Must seek ways to improve outcomes for clients/stakeholders in uniformity with ELP’s Missions, Visions and Values.
- Must demonstrate integrity and is a trusted individual;
- Must adhere to core values that are in alignment with that of the Company.
Qualifications; Skills & Experience
- BSc. in Accounting, Finance or any other relevant degree
- Masters in Business Administration or any other Social Science related course;
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Must have excellent accounting and financial management track record;
- Must have experience at a middle management level including in reporting across diverse service delivery environments;
- Has adequate experience in people management, stakeholder engagement and financial management.
- Must have at least 4 years experience as an Accountant
- Must possess adequate experience in the use of Sage and Quickbooks accounting software
- Must demonstrate effectiveness in achieving organisational objectives in relation to practice, safety, quality, and risk management in an agribusiness environment;
- Must have a clear understanding of the professional, ethical, legal and industrial responsibilities relevant to the position.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Must have an understanding of the relevant laws and regulations.
- Must possess emotional intelligence skills, with the ability to engage others, influence organisational culture, and provide strong direction;
- Should have the ability to identify opportunities for change and lead continuous improvement initiatives;
- Must possess highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to prepare high-level reports to Executives;
- Should be a lateral thinker with an ability to manage a multitude of complex tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Must possess good analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a good team player, self-starter able to use initiative.
- Proficient in MS Office (esp. Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at
- all times.
- Legally able to work in the country;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently;
- Strong attention to detail
- Should be ready to travel across the States on a regular basis.