ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures that accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed
- Prepares journal entries and balances work in more complicated accounting areas
- Oversees the preparation of regulatory and governmental reports. Reviews financial information needed to ensure an accurate statement of the Company’s financial position to various regulatory agencies.
- Oversees the Company’s fixed asset portfolio. Prepares depreciation schedules and catalogs furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies.
- Assists with budget preparations and formulation of 1, 3, and 5years projections and financial analyses. Monitors costs and expenses.
- Undertakes quarterly and periodic reviews, assess and adjust forecast in accordance with financial analyses. Monitors costs and expenses.
- Completes consolidation of divisions
- Manage financial income, including management and admin fees on rental recoveries, commissions on new or renewed leases and interest earning
- Manages financial expenditure, including running costs, staff expenses, admin costs, VAT & CIT, levies, taxation
- Prepares regular reports and statements for management
- Ensures that accounting functions are completed in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulations
- Control of various financial functions including Balance sheets, creditors and allocation of funds received ex-debtors, check and authorise payments from accounts
- Manage and control various book keeping duties and functions.
- Produces various management reports.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or numeric field
- Masters degree in Finance is an added advantage
- ICAN and ACCA qualified
- Leadership Skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Decision and initiating action
- Analytical skills
- Presenting and communicating information
- Planning and Organizing
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Minimum of 5years work experience
- At least 2 years experience in a supervisory role