- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take a hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results, analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending while providing technical support and advice on Management Accountant.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems (ERP) and procedures.
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers, participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process, provide input into the department’s goal-setting process.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule, assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Liaise with our Financial Manager and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps]
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like ERPs and QuickBooks, advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail for numbers and quantitative skills
- Degree (or equivalents) in Accounting, Finance or relevant.
Pay - 80 to 100k Net