The Financial Accountant is a member of the Finance Department with a direct reporting line to the Chief Accountant. The Financial accountant shall manage the day-to-day recording of accounting transactions accurately, management of the company Trial Balance, preparation of monthly management GL account reconciliations (Balance sheet schedules), preparations and management of company Tax and regulatory transactions, and its reporting as per the tax and Central Bank regulations.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Overseeing the accounting activities of the company at head office and across all branches and ensuring compliance with accounting standards.
- Develop procedures and prepare financial statements for the monthly accounting cycles for use by the bank’s management, regulatory authorities, and external auditors.
- Preparation of all weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual regulatory reports (Financial statements) and ensure compliance with the Regulatory authorities and FRCN.
- Review of all accounting transactions
- Monitor reconciliations between accounting systems and ensure proper trade bookings.
- Manage costs within the finance department in line with the Accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare, review and make sure that the Payroll entries are being properly accounted for and correctly posted into the core banking system.
- Preparation, reconciliations, and reviewing the company’s Fixed Asset Register.
- Reconciliations of intercompany accounts
- Reviewing all Bank reconciliation reports.
- Manage the company's statutory obligations (WHT, P.A.Y.E, VAT, and any other statutory Tax estimate, etc.)
- Reviewing Balance sheet analysis (Account reconciliation) schedules on monthly basis.
- Finance IT capacity to support systems implementation and information needs. In collaboration with the IT team to improve and develop a core banking system to organize loan portfolio data, impairments, interest accrual, and client data to more efficiently, reducing turnaround time on important transactions while increasing accuracy.
- Participate in the preparation of the Company Budget, monitoring and controlling the actual budget.
- Assist in preparations and review of the company strategic plans and constantly advise management on the plans.
- Preparation of financial projections, controls and monitor all the company’s products in line with the accounting policies and procedures.
- Preparation of monthly profitability reports (Income & expenditure), advise loss-making branches, and follow up on the strategies to improve them into profitable branches.
- Preparation of management reports as required by the Board and external parties
- Supervision of Internal and External audit
- Minimum academic qualification of a university degree/HND Accounting.
- The candidate must have at least 3 years of working experience in a similar accounting, supervisory role is an added advantage.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Decision maker - Manages difficult or emotional decisions in any situation; Responds promptly to needs; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; response well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethics.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret financial statements and come up with Quick Solutions.
- The candidate must possess good report writing and analytical skills.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office packages specifically spreadsheet, Word Processing software, PowerPoint, and computerized accounting packages
Remuneration: NGN 70,000 - 100,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.