Job Location: Iddo, Lagos
- In charge of day-to-day finance and accounts operations.
- Administers payment transfers through the bank.
- Manages cash advance and reconciles retirement.
- Prepares bank reconciliation statements for all corporate accounts.
- Audits bank statements to ensure consistency and accuracy of bank charges.
- Raises vouchers for refund transactions and posts financial data to the applicable accounting system.
- Ensures that all accounting entries posted into the accounting system are accurate.
- Maintains the non-current Assets Register and processes depreciation for various assets and additions/disposals entries/journals etc.
- Prepares reports to show receivables aging and submit to management.
- Collects and reviews Purchase Order for jobs done by the Company.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides other staff by coordinating activities and answering finance-related questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information. Maintains financial security by following applicable accounting controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documents submitted, and disburse as required.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial requirements, enforces adherence to these requirements and advises management on needed actions. Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. Other duty assigned from time to time.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
- Data entry management,
- Problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, PowerPoint) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as QuickBooks, and especially Sage, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills
- A graduate with a background in Accounting.
- Must have a minimum of 4 -5 years of work experience in core accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
- ACA is ideal, but not compulsory.
INTERESTED & QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD CVs using ‘Mainland Jetty Accountant’ as the subject of the email before 4th June 2021.
Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply