School Accountant duties include:
1. Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the Head of School
2. She /he has to maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; prepare and analyze budgets; and perform general bookkeeping. Responsible for billing activities, such as accounts payable and accounts receivable and recovery is vital.
3. The School Accountant is responsible for Organizing Handbook, and administering payroll and pension related functions.
4. Assisting Advising on compliance with legislation and guidance, for example LIRS, FIRS, PENCOM, etc
5. Monitor income and expenditure in relation to the school’s budget, and produce monthly reports for the Directors, Headteacher and the Finance Committee.
6. Keep all school accounts and prepare income and expenditure reports in accordance with the financial regulations and shall prepare accounts for submission to the school’s auditors.
7. Maintain and oversee all bank accounts including the school’s debit card/s, completing monthly reconciliations and reporting banking errors to her/his line manager.
8. Be responsible for all elements of cash handling including collections and disbursements, banking and security, fundraising and school trips.
9. Be responsible for the completion of the school’s payroll, ensuring all forms including timesheets, newstarter/leaver/variation forms and annual returns are submitted within required deadlines.
10. Be responsible for the placement of orders ensuring they are processed through the school’s computerize finance accounting.
11. In conjunction with the nominated staff members, scrutinise and attend to the payment of all invoices and statements of account.
12. Carry out and keep analyses of costs and other statistical information.
13. Co-ordinate and maintain a list of approved contractors and suppliers to ensure best value.
14. Advise the Directors and its committees as required.
1. Ensure that all administrative duties, checks, documentation, reports and returns (internal and external) are completed accurately and submitted within required deadlines.
2. Collate information, statistics and prepare reports as required by her/his line manager, the Directors and Head of School
1. Accountant with demonstrated experience in customer service account management is very pivotal to the job function
2. Self Confident, Mature and well dressed.
3. Ability to evaluate, analyse and take critical decisions.
4. The position also requires administrative and supervisory functions.