- 4 to 5 years on the job experience
- First Degree in Accounting and MBA. ACA is an added advantage.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, and tax requirements. (Remittance of taxes to the state board of internal revenue)
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice (Monthly & Annually)
- Report to management regarding the finances of the establishment- preparing monthly/quarterly in-house statements of accounts as well as annual accounts & reports.
- Preparation of fixed asset schedule
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Full participation in monthly and annual stocktaking
- Costing of product/preparation of cost price calculations
- Provide internal and external auditing services for the company and give required recommendations. (LIRS, FIRS)
- Carry out special investigative assignments authorized by management
- Perform other assignments/duties as required by management.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge:
- Ability to reflect on one's own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions.
- Business acumen and interest.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Team working ability.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in IT.