- We’re looking for an organized and driven individual to join our growing team as an Accountant.
- Our choice candidate will work with our Finance and Accounts team in handling the day to day financial operations for the Company.
Jobs To Be Done
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables and data.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Perform bank reconciliations - the reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts.
- Respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain data
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with statutory financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising the HOD on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- B.Sc degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- ICAN or ACCA certification, is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years proven working experience in a finance role
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles,
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
Only candidates within close proximity to Kakuri, Kaduna State should apply
Salary: NGN60,000 monthly