Job Description Financial Accountant:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop efficient financial and tax strategies.
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team and Shareholders.
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, tax, and treasury departments.
- Oversee the financial operations of foreign operations.
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Have a clear understanding of Fiduciary responsibilities and implement operational best practices to avoid, mitigate or detect in a timely manner risk associated with all Income and assets of the company.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions.
- Daily reconciliations of Bank Statements, monitoring and supervision of income streams and inventory reconciliations from HQ and branch sales.
- Supervision of stock-taking exercises.
- Timely submission of relevant financial statements as at when requested by the management( Prior day Sales Income Vs Cash&Bank Collections, Cashflow statements, income statements, balance sheets etc).
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the board of directors in a timely manner.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the board of directors.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Efficient Working capital management.
- Maintain banking relationships
- The candidate Financial Accountant should have an HND, BSc/BA degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 4+ years of progressively responsible experience in a Trading or Manufacturing Company.
- The Candidate Must be Proactive and result oriented.