JEI is looking for a committed accounting professional with significant experience in NGO/non-profit accounting to join our team as an Accountant / Finance Manager based in Lagos to oversee financial management across offices in Lagos, Port Harcourt, and Cotonou.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Ensure that JEI’s financial system runs properly in order to process financial information and generate accurate reports.
- Ensure that internal controls are maintained at an acceptable level.
- Manage and minimize risks affecting JEI’s assets.
- Ensure compliance with JEI financial policies, procedures set out in this Manual, and any additional donor compliance requirements.
- Ensure timely preparation of all internal and external financial reports.
- Work with Co-Executive Directors on the project and general budgeting.
- Be responsible for all aspects of cash management including:
- Monitoring accounts receivables, processing staff payroll, collecting of debt, and managing pre-payments.
- Direct, mentor/coach, appraise and supervise the other finance staff.
- Ensure that internal financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated in a timely manner.
- At least 3 years of experience in NGO/non-profit accounting and financial management. Please describe the required experience in a short cover letter. Candidates with more experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- HND and/or B.Sc. in accounting or other relevant fields.
- Working familiarity with IFRS and other relevant international standards.
- Professional certification is a significant plus.
- Experience working with Quickbooks / other accounting software is a plus.
- Supervision/management experience is a plus.
Remuneration: A competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.