The Accountant will provide all financial and accounting operations, direction, advice, and support to all the Operations Units in our businesses and other subsidiaries. This role will suit an experienced qualified accountant who can work with very minimal supervision. The individual will have responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations, preparing financial and management accounts, budgets, and forecasts, and will have significant involvement in financial planning, analysis, and review of activities/Projects undertaken. The role will work closely with the heads of units/front-line teams.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Preparing timely management and financial accounts and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts and monthly financial forecasts.
- Undertaking all day-to-day financial transactions and credit control functions.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the business units.
- Preparation of consolidated group financial statements and all year-end works.
- Preparing yearly budgets and undertaking quarterly reviews thereof.
- Upgrading financial processes and systems
- Handling of the year-end audit and other financial reports for the Board
- Financial forecasts and analysis for each potential project/Request for proposals/investments
- Close liaison with the MD to resolve all issues
- Responsible for cash planning monitoring and control
- Experience in some level of human resource management is an added advantage
- Any other duties as directed by management.
- The ideal candidate must be certified (ACA, CNA, ACCA, CIMA, )
- Minimum 5 - 7 years post qualification cognate experience in a similar field.
- Highly numeric/strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills and very good PC literacy
- Strong accounting and book-keeping skills
- Knowledge of some accounting applications/packages is an added advantage
- Confident communication skills and strong report-writing skills
- Drive to continually improve processes and see new challenges
- Ability to work well under pressure, work accurately with attention to detail and meet deadlines
- Some weekends and late work will be required.
Job Location: The successful candidate will be working in our office at Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.