- Prepare school bills for pupils, reconcile each pupil's payment, noting the services paid for by each pupil on a termly basis.
- Examine statements of Accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Needs to ensure that statements and records comply with laws and regulations.
- Compute taxes owed, prepares tax returns and ensures prompt payment.
- Inspect and ensures that account books and accounting systems are kept up to date.
- Organize and maintains financial records.
- Take inventory of all assets and ensures their update on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares Income and expenditure returns on a termly basis.
- Works with the Director and Head of School to prepare annual budgets and ensures adherence to its implementation
- Improves business efficiency where money is concerned.
- Make best-practices recommendations to management.
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits.
- Provide auditing services for the business.
- Provide up to date records on payments by each pupil.
- Reconcile the school's account with the monthly bank statement provided by banks.
- The candidate must be able to provide monthly reports of income and expenditure.
QUALIFICATION / REQUIREMENT:
- OND, HND OR B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance or relevant Degree
- Must have statistical and computer Skill
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Must have knowledge of the usage of the Quick Book system accounting software.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years working experience