- Oversees and directs all general accounting functions, including a chart of accounts and general ledger, cash receipts and accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliation and client trust accounts.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets, ensure proper accounting of transactions and promote operational efficiency within the Accounts Unit.
- Prepares the company’s annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Uses and is familiar with the company’s financial computer systems, manuals, and procedures. Maintains and updates procedural manual as needed.
- Maintains adequate records of all transactions and ensures that transactions are posted daily / weekly (i.e. local banking transactions, receipts, cheque payments, petty cash transactions, fee notes, etc).
- Conducts monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepares the monthly Staff payroll and coordinates such matters with the Practice Manager.
- Responsible for the statutory deductions of PAYE Tax, Pension, Withholding Tax and VAT, and remittance to the relevant local authorities monthly.
- Coordinates / supervises the company’s annual audit in collaboration with the External Auditors.
- Prepares a schedule of monthly fee notes and clients’ payment status.
- Maintains proper inventory of the company’s assets through the Fixed Assets Register.
- Maintains records of staff travel advances and compilation of un-retired advances at the end of each month.
- Acts as an interface between the company and its bankers.
- Assists in the company’s debt collection efforts. Ensures receivables are paid in a timely manner.
- Supervises the work of the Accounts Clerk.
- Performs cash management functions. Ensures Client accounts are properly funded.
- Acts as back-up to the Practice Manager.
- Any other responsibility assigned by line manager.
- A graduate with a background in accounting.
- Good knowledge of Nigeria Taxation
- ICAN or ACCA as an added advantage ( Not Compulsory)
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management.
- Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills.
- Problem-solving and Effective time-management skills.
- Proficient with SAP is required
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years core accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
Salary Range: NGN150,000