We are seeking to recruit a skilled, smart, and disciplined Accountant who will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting tasks. Come and be part of our growth at Nathans Limited. Nathans Limited, owner of the largest dry cleaning Chain in Africa has been in existence for over 20 years. We are seeking to recruit a skilled Accountant who will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting support tasks including but not limited to; general ledger preparation, financial reporting, tax compliance, year-end audit preparation, procurement, budget, and forecast activities in a timely and accurate manner. We want someone who is smart and witty, a self-starter, committed, self-motivated, approachable, passionate about building a brand, highly efficient, willing to learn & grow the company with us, and has a mind of their own with impressive character and skills.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Ensure that taxes are computed, prepared, paid & filed properly and timely;
- Ensure that financial statements and records comply with laws and regulations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for management;
- Partaking in the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and supervisors to assess any changes necessary.
- Manage organizational cash flow, budgeting, forecasting, and planning process; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Assist in performance management processes for the team.
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers, and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., assets, disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable, etc).
- Reconcile records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Manage all aspects of Procurement, Account Receivable, Account Payable, and Billing including product pricing, bills, credit card charges, and invoicing client bills, ensuring the accuracy of each bill and proper classification, accurate posting, and classification of the daily receivable transactions, maintaining accurate and comprehensive records of each day’s transactions
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by the management.
- Minimum of two (2) years of working experience.
- BSc or HND in Accounting, Finance or a relevant degree
- An accounting certification like ACCA and ICAN will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the GAAP and IFRS.
- Must have IT skills (Advanced Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Should have experience with any accounting ERP i.e QuickBooks, SAGE, FreshBooks etc
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Understanding tax compliance will be an advantage
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.