- Ensure timely financial and statistical reports for management and board use.
- Ensure integrity of GL.
- Register all payments in the appropriate books; cash advance register, cash register.
- Generate and post monthly adjustments
- Update and reconcile inter company account
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual P&L report
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual balance sheet
- Generate reconciliation of bank statements
- Ensure daily posting of all payment vouchers raised and proper classifications of expenses
- Ensure daily posting of receipts, PO and all other primary source documents
- Ensure weekly schedule of cheques raised and cash collected.
- Ensure weekly and monthly report of payables
- Enforce weekly job order report
- Enforce daily petty cash report and posting
- Enforce weekly reporting on receipts and posting
- Enforce weekly posting and report of invoices
- Enforce acknowledged invoice report
- Establish genuine fixed asset report and generate reports monthly, quarterly and annually
- Ensure adequate inventory management and regular stock counts at least once a month
Account Receivables and Credit Control:
- Manage all customer accounts and update customer ledger accounts daily
- Ensure Invoicing of all jobs promptly according to approved process
- Aggressive receivables management and collection of all payments as at when due
- Act as credit control officer for all the business units served.
- Accept cash and cheques sales with properly completed credit advice forms from the business manager
- Assists the MD in raising facility for the group.
- Market Follow up with GA to ensure prompt issuance of receipts for all payments received from clients
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly receipts (cash, cheque, direct lodgements) schedules/customer ledger updates & cashbook
- Keep a requisition and other relevant registers for all payments
- Contributes to the formation of the Business Strategy
- Overseas the preparation of Annual Operating Plan, Business Financial Plan and Analytics.
- Ensures adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Oversees all control and monitoring activities and personnel to achieve proper coordination