Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and enter day to day operating expenses for both base and field to determine the daily expenses, cash balance and monitor cash disbursement and retention
- Prepare and send daily requisition for approval as well as the raising of petty cash payment, expense records etc.
- Estimate weekly, bi-weekly and monthly expenses for management approval and decision-making
- Plan and Process cash and bank payments & receipts effectively and efficiently for smooth operations
- Prepare and effect payment of employee’s monthly remuneration and allowances, PAYE and pension remittances
- Ensure records of purchases, supplies, purchase orders and receipts in respect of clients & vendors are securely filed for easy retrieval
- Daily entry of inflows and outflows from ledgers and subsidiary books into Quick Books for management report, review, audit, planning and decision-making purposes
- Post journal entries accurately to produce needed financial reports - Trial Balance, Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet
- Prepare banks reconciliation statements by reviewing and analysing banks statements and cheque books on a monthly basis
- Ensure compliance with statutory and audit requirements
- Receive field tickets and prepare customer invoices as per work scoped approved by customer
- Generate and Issue Purchase orders for approved vendor quotes. Receives vendor invoices and crosschecks them against the purchase orders prior to payment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through targeted self-development via workshops, professional publications, personal networks and professional associations
- Any other assigned task.
Qualification and Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of HND/BSc in Accounting, or any relevant field
- 0-3 years experience in a similar role
- Good practical knowledge of accounting software e.g. QuickBooks, Peachtree etc.
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA) would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent communication skill
- Excellent bookkeeping and financial accounting skills
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Good Time management and Organisational skills
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office and operation of general office equipment
- Ability to record, file and transmit information
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures