- Must be a second class upper graduate from a well recognized Nigerian University.
- Professional certification (ACCA or ICAN) is a plus.
- Examining bank statements and reconciling them with general ledger entries
- Examining expenses submitted by employees
- Keeping an eye on incoming payments from accounts receivable and outgoing payments from accounts payable
- Creating company financial reports with the above information included
- Analyzing data collected in order to determine the state of the company’s financial health
- Analyzing data to understand where the company is generating and losing revenue
- Examining the proficiency of the QuickBooks used to organize data
- Must be proficient in using Excel
- Generating financial reports that display the company’s profits, equity and cash flow
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions