Role and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of ERP system e.g. Oracle, SAP etc.
- Well versed in excel and data analysis
- Knowledge of operations and knack of detailing
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting and cost control activities
- Knowledge about Nigerian tax laws e.g. CITA, VAT, WHT etc.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable process e.g. material and service invoice processing, vendor master creation and maintenance, vendor account reconciliation, PO review and Bank reconciliation.
- Knowledge of month closing activities e.g. month-end Accounts Payable closing (Ageing review of creditors, advances, expense provision etc.)
- Preparation of Audit related details including reconciliation of General ledger
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or it's equivalent in Social Sciences, Humanities or any other related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8-10 years working experience in a unionized environment
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (CIPM or CIPD)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skill.
- Teamwork with the ability of multi-tasking.
- Open-minded, Organizing, problem-solving.
- Preliminary knowledge of commercial practices & terms of business.
- At least elementary understanding of industrial procurement procedures & processes.
- Good commercial communication skill to communicate internally & externally.
- Proficient knowledge of the English language in writing, & speaking.
- Should be very good in operational knowledge of MS-Office