- Performs all the duties of an HVAC Mechanic.
- Performs repairs for the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems in the hotel facilities.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Communicate with guests or staff to resolve any HVAC maintenance issues.
- Makes periodic rounds to all area to support equipment and maintains an operating log of conditions observed.
- Responsible for maintaining records of work done, time records and P/M records through the CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system).
- Update the work order logbook and inform the Engineering control desk of the status
- Reads blueprints, work from manufacturer’s operating manuals or applies knowledge of equipment to devise appropriate repairs.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Knowledgeable in methods to do advanced troubleshooting of refrigerant system, control system and skilled in reclaiming refrigerant, insuring proper regulatory paperwork on same.
- Knowledgeable in sheet metal, AC duct fabrication and assembly.
- Coordinates with a service representative and others as necessary to accomplish installations or repairs.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings.
- May instruct personnel in proper use and operation of heating/ air-conditioning equipment, etc.
- Use the lockout / Tag-out system before performing any maintenance work.
- Display basic computer skills including inputting air handler schedule and making temperature changes.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment when required.
- When required perform basic repairs and troubleshooting like plumbing, electrical components, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and bulbs, and other guest room items.
- Plan, recommends and carries out an approved program on scheduled maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance for all HVAC units and refrigerators.
- Working knowledge of refrigerants used in commercial and residential applications, with demonstrated customer services skills.
- oral and written communications skills required.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Cold Storage, hotel or any organization FAHU (Fresh Air Handling Unit), FCU), with minimum 2-6 years’ experience, hotel industry person will be preferred.