A reputable organisation seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate, direct and review completion, work-over, wireline, and rigless operations, within defined drilling programmes and budget
- Organize and coordinate crew for operation
- Inspect and certify tools/equipment to be used for the job
- Coordinate the activities of Company and Contractor units involved in completion, work-over, wireline, and rigless operations and decide on daily activities
- Participate as a member of the emergency task force in event of a blow-out or other major emergency
- Ensure adherence to all safety regulations
- Ensure depth control, run logs, set plugs or retainers, perforate and successfully convey Wireline
- Supervise job site crew in preparation of Wireline unit and tools to deliver excellent customer service
- Perform job site operations to achieve well program and customer satisfaction
- Perform preventative maintenance on service line equipment including down-hole and surface well logging and perforating equipment.
- Submit all required reports and data including logs
- Assists with pre- and post-job equipment inspection
- Ensure compliance with all company and client Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) practices and guidelines
- Ensure knowledge and compliance with established procedures and guidelines
- Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately.
Qualification and Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of HND in Chemical, Petroleum, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5-10 years’ experience in wireline completion execution operations
- Must have PTW, HSE, FIRST AID, IWCF, HUET, BOOSET, Gas Tester certification
- Extensive oil & Gas Industry experience
- Must have drilling and complete wireline training
Skill, Experience and Physical Requirements:
- Must possess good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Good computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel )
- Must have physical strength, stamina and agility
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to handle and run a unit
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work quickly, think ahead to the next procedure and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
- Must be able to lift and carry up heavy weights
- Must work in accordance with all policies and procedures of the company.